Terms of Sale
NOTICE TO PROPERTY OWNER
If bills are not paid in full for the labor, services, equipment, or materials furnished or to be furnished, a mechanic’s lien leading to the loss, through court foreclosure proceedings of all or part of your property being improved, may be placed against the property, even though you have paid your contractor in full. You may wish to protect yourself against this consequence by (1) requiring your contractor to furnish a signed release by the person or firm giving you this notice before making payment to your contractor, or (2) any other method or device which is appropriate under the circumstances.
Channel Lumber Company claims a lien upon the goods consigned above until payment is received in full. This lien by contract shall not be construed as a waiver of any right to assert any statutory lien rights.
TERMS OF SALE
All orders or sales contracts with Channel Lumber Company, Inc. are contingent upon the following terms and conditions:
1. Credit terms: Accounts due the 10th of the month following date of purchase. A finance charge of 1 ½% per month (an annual percentage rate of 18%) or the maximum legal rate will be applied to all unpaid balances from due date thereof accounts 60 days past due will automatically be put on C.O.D.
2. Delay in or failure to make deliveries due in whole or in part to strikes, lockouts, labor troubles, fires, windstorms, floods, acts of God, inability to secure rail cars, and or any other causes beyond control, will not constitute a default by Channel Lumber Company, Inc. under no conditions will Channel Lumber Company, Inc. accept customer back charges for labor, equipment, penalty clauses, or any other form.
3. Shipments shall be inspected upon receipt, any errors or irregularities must be reported to Channel Lumber Company, Inc. in writing before using the merchandise and within 5 days of receipt of goods. No claims or adjustments of any kind will be recognized. Channel Lumber Company, Inc. assumes no responsibility in the use of the merchandise shipped.
4. A 25% handling charge will be made on all stock items returned. No goods shall be returned to Channel Lumber Company, Inc. without consent, specially milled items and remanufactured items are not returnable. Non stock items or special items are subject to 25% handling charge plus any additional restock charges or charges of any kind imposed upon Channel Lumber Company, Inc. by others in connection with returning the items. No returns or exchanges allowed after 30 days regardless of condition.
5. Any adjustment for defective material shall be made on a basis of replacement of the material and no other basis.
6. Cash or check on all C.O.D.’s.
7. Delivery made to curb only. Channel Lumber company, Inc. is not responsible for broken sidewalks, curbs, walks, etc. When instructed to deliver on such premises. Purchaser assumes responsibility for damages which result from any such delivery.
8. Purchaser agrees to have supervisory or knowledgeable personnel and proper unloading equipment at delivery location to accept load. In the event materials are delivered on schedule and left unattended or rolled-off, etc., purchaser assumes all risk of loss or shortage that may occur after delivery.
9. If collection expense be incurred, court action commence or lien rights pursued for failure to pay for materials received/purchased when due, the consignee/purchaser agrees to pay actual attorney fees and costs of collection incurred by Channel Lumber company, Inc. Or its assignee. Any settlements will be made in California, with California laws prevailing.
10. Channel Lumber Company, Inc. will not be responsible for any loss or consequential damage in the event of any defect in the goods or merchandise sold unless the goods have been specially manufactured to purchaser’s specifications. Liability will be limited to replacement of the goods sold and there is no express or implied warranty applicable to this sale. Channel Lumber Inc. will not be liable for removal of defective goods or merchandise or reinstallation of the same in the event of defect.
Conditions of Quote
Pursuant to CA AB 1492, Ch. 289, Stat. 2012, we have collected 1% on all Lumber, Engineered Wood Products, and Plywood items. This amount has been indicated by “California Lumber Tax -1.00%.” DOES NOT APPLY TO RESALE CUSTOMERS.
DELAYS IN PLACEMENT OF AN ORDER MAY NECESSITATE RENEGOTIATION OF PRICES AND DELIVERY. Special order items and all milled items, once in process of ordering will be canceled only at the expense of purchaser. ALL MATERIALS ARE NOMINAL DIMENSION(S) UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED SUBJECT TO PRIOR SALE.
All lumber is sold in its nominal dimensions which is larger than the actual standard dimension (i.e. 2x4 is its nominal size and 1.5 x 3.5 inches is the approximate actual size).
Purchasers agrees to be bound by all terms and conditions located at https://www.channellumber.com/tos
WARNING: This product contains a chemical known to the state of California to cause cancer.